5 Mistakes to Avoid When Hiring a Phone Answering Service
Congratulations! Your business is growing and you are looking into hiring an answering service to keep up with the demand. Choosing top-rated answering services among the options available can be a challenge and there are some mistakes you’ll want to avoid to guarantee you’re partnered with the best organization possible.
Look Out For These Pitfalls When Hiring Answering Service
There numerous benefits of a 24-hour answering service for any business. The key is partnering with the right top-rated answering services that will provide exceptional service for a great value specific to your industry. Here are a few pitfalls to avoid while doing your search:
- Unsure of business needs – Before you begin your extensive search, you’ll want to have a good grasp on the types of services your business needs. The last thing you want to do is choose a service that may not be a good fit for your business or doesn’t meet the demands of your customers. One of the first things you’ll want to decide is what your 24-hour answering service should do. Some services range from simple message taking to complex and specialized disaster recovery. When you are unsure of your business needs, you can get stuck with a service you don’t need or not retaining a service that is critical to your operations.
- Lack industry experience – When a 24-hour answering service lacks experience in your industry, they don’t have a good grasp on the complexities of the calls they will need to answer and the questions they will have to address. This can cause a negative impact on your company because customers will feel that their needs are not being met or their issues are left unresolved. In the long run, this can make your business appear unprofessional and leave customers with a bad impression. Be proactive in your search for those answering services that have worked with your industry and have a thorough understanding of what your business needs to thrive.
- No 24/7 answering service – One of the worst mistakes is to retain an answering service that does not provide 24/7 options, or if they do, they charge extra. Your business needs someone available anytime to answer questions and resolve issues when you are not available. When business contact hours are limited, customers get the impression that you are not committed to great customer service since schedules vary for everyone. The best answering services provide a live person on nights and weekends to accommodate those with alternate schedules. We are available 24/7 at no extra charge and are staffed with an elite team of live-trained receptionists ready to help your customers.
- Hidden unexplained costs – We pride ourselves on our integrity and transparency when partnering with our clients. The price we quote is the price you pay but not all answering services operate the same way. When an answering service provides the base charges then bills you later for extras that were not discussed, run! You always want to have a detailed itemization of the costs associated with retaining the service before you sign the contract and ask any questions you may have. Some answering services don’t/won’t provide the underlying call data. However, we can provide any piece of information a customer needs.
- No bilingual agents – Spanish is the second most spoken language in America and you want to make sure that Spanish-speaking customers are serviced as well. Our live, in-house agents are bilingual with extensive training and experience. You want to avoid a 24/7 answering service that alienates your Spanish-speaking customers.
Check Out Our Top-Rated Answering Services
All of our bilingual agents are in-house and there is no extra fee charged for answering customers on holidays. Our 24-hour answering service is available without signing a contract or set up fee charges. We believe in providing true value and flexibility to our partners with plans that include a 30-day call analysis, email delivery, call dispatching, and much more.
Visit our website or give us a call to discuss a 24-hour answering service plan that works best for your business today!